header informacoes uteis




The School of Arts and Humanities and Universidade de Lisboa provide their students, incoming mobility students and the entire academic community with a range of services and support.

The Career Guidance and Student Support Office of the School of Arts and Humanities provides support to students with specific educational needs and organizes mentoring and volunteer programs for students.

The Library of the School of Arts and Humanities is the largest in the Universidade de Lisboa and one of the largest specialised libraries in the Humanities and Social Sciences, with a collection of half a million volumes and even more in electronic resources.

The School of Arts and Humanities has printing services, dining areas, lockers and a parking lot for students. To find out about the extracurricular activities available to them, students can contact the Students' Association. From sports at the University Stadium, to participation in volunteering and mentoring activities, or in cultural activities, the offer is very diverse.

The students of the School of Arts and Humanities also have access to the cafeterias, health services and to the Universidade de Lisboa's eLearning Moodle platform.

Foreign students who need to learn Portuguese or want to deepen their knowledge of the Portuguese language can enroll in Portuguese as a foreign language course at the Institute of Culture and Portuguese Language (ICLP), School of Arts and Humanities.



All incoming mobility students (regardless of program) have to pay a registration fee. This fee includes the expenses of the administrative management of the mobility process, the issuing of the student card, the issuing of mobility documents and school insurance.

Exchange students with reciprocity and Erasmus+ students are exempt from paying other fees.

Incoming free movers (visiting students)/ Erasmus+, students who have not been nominated by their home institution, or exchange students exceeding the established number of places (non-reciprocity) are not exempt from paying other fees.



The Universidade de Lisboa has a network of 19 residences, distributed throughout the city and located near the 5 campuses of ULisboa. The rooms can be double or triple; kitchens and bathrooms are shared. The residences also have common areas for socializing. The price varies according to the type of room.

The student community who uses the residences is very wide and there are few places available for incoming students. It is therefore recommended that students also look for alternative accommodation while waiting for the confirmation of a vacancy in a ULisboa residence.

Students who cannot find a vacancy in a ULisboa residence or who prefer to look for their own accommodation can consult ULisboa's suggestions here.



Students who are not nationals of the European Union or European Economic Area country need a study visa to enter Portugal. In order to obtain a study visa, the student must previously apply for a letter of acceptance from the School of Arts and Humanities, following the application procedures according to the type of incoming mobility (Erasmus+, exchange, visiting).

The study visa must be requested at a Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin. Visa applications must be made at least two months before the expected date of arrival in Portugal.


Portuguese Language and Culture Courses

Foreign students may start learning Portuguese or reinforce their knowledge of the language during their stay in Lisbon. The School of Arts and Humanities offers a wide range of courses in Portuguese as a foreign language, following the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).


Language Certification - Portuguese as a Foreign Language

Incoming mobility students can also take advantage of their stay in Lisbon to sit for a certification exam of their Portuguese language level. These exams are held by the Center for Evaluation of Portuguese as a Foreign Language (CAPLE), and are internationally recognized by the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE).